Catch a Fire

1. In general, what did you like and dislike about the film?




I liked a lot this movie, and I think that I cried a lot too. What I most liked it was the evolution of the character Patrick Chamusso. I think that is very important the way and the reasons why he joined to the struggle, how it is start everything. He was a simple man, who had a good job and was disconnected of the struggle. In fact, he was disagreed with the fight, he just wanted to be a normal guy. But ignored the problem doesn't mean that the problem doesn't exist, so whatever who you are it could be to affected you the apartheid, like Patrick Chamusso lived, and after that he never went to be the same.



I think that nothing disliked to me.

2. Who was the character you like the most and the character you liked the least in the film? Why?





I hated a lot the character of the Nic Vos, who was a horrible person, he manipulated the family of Patrick and tortured him and his wife.

I loved a lot of characters, but especially Patrick Chamusso. One of the things that I most loved on all the movies that we are watching the last weeks is saw people unperfect, that have fails, and they are just humans, but however that, they have something in common,  the struggle. And I loved that of Patrick, that he wasn't perfect, but he still tryied to do the best thing that he can, and tryied to fight for what he believed.



3. What was the role of Samora Machel, the FRELIMO, and revolutionary Mozambique in the struggle against the South African apartheid? Use examples from the film and the biography of Samora Machel 

I don't really remember the participation of the FRELIMO on the movie, maybe at that moment I didn't understand that. But, now, reading the articule I can understand how the armed struggle could work on that, because all the material that they had it was with helped from the FRELIMO. I remember read and listen on the movie about Mozambique, but didn't understand at that moment how important was to the military part of the ANC. I think that maybe all the work that did Machel was very inspirational to the people of South Africa, and not just that, otherwise, it was a whole helped.
I think that Samora Machel and Mozambique are very good examples for any country or struggle.


Comentarios

  1. Nic Vos is very bad but is a one part of the racial system of Apartheid in South Africa.

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares