Goodbye Bafana






1. In general, what did you like and dislike about the film?

Well, on the movie one of the things that I most liked it was see the story of Mandela since another view.
Is always good have the various perspective to build a story, or to understand the story, and in this case, look the story of a white man, or even a white family is very cool. However, more than just the movie, I liked that the story, even when it could be truth or lie, show us that there is humanity on every person and even when we were raised of a particular way, we can show empathy.
What I dislike of the movie was not to see more of Winnie Mandela, because she had such a important rol on the past movie, and in this movie we almost not see her.

2. Who was the character you liked the most and the character you liked the least in the film? Why?




I don't know if I can say that there is one character that I liked so much, because I felt that I needed to know more of everyone to say that. But for example, James Gregory was a man like the others mens, racist and with a lot of prejudices because of his culture and the apartheid, but however still seeing the man (Mandela), and not the "terrorist", but I don't think that is a character that I like most. And I think that obviously that all the characters that I hated was the militars that choiced the status quo.




3. How do the versions of James Gregory, Nelson Mandela, and Winnie Mandela compare between  Goodbye Bafana and Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom?

This three character, James Gregory, Nelson Mandela and Winnie Mandela are very different between Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom and Goodbye Bafana. First, James Gregory almost not was on the autobiography of Mandela, and the second movie has as protagonist to James. In the case of Winnie, she had an important rol on the Long Walk to Freedom, throught that movie we could know how important she was to the struggle, but to the second movie, she was just the wife of Mandela. And Mandela have been shown just a part of him on Goodbye Bafana, not like on the another movie, where we can saw and know him completely.


Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares